Lux Premier Beauty’s Back-To-Business Plan
June 1, 2020
Well, the world is opening up again. Time to emerge from our caves, put the wine down, dye our hair, slap some lip gloss and mascara on, and pretend we’re not all scared as hell to touch or come closer than 2 metres of each other. Right. I’m fine. Cool, cool, cool.
We’ve all got to start our journey back to normalcy somewhere, and for a lot of us, it will be with our beauty and self-care saviours in the personal service industry. My stylist better rest up now, because tackling my at-home root touchup and snipping of each individual split-end, while binging Tiger King on Netflix, will be a BIG job!
To ease your panic a smidge, we want to let you know our plan to ensure your safety, along with our practitioners safety, while at Lux Premier Beauty. According to the World Health Organization, You can reduce your chances of being infected of spreading COVID-19 by taking some simple precautions:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Why? Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
- Easy peasy. At Lux we’ve always had hand sanitizer available in every treatment room and common areas. Our practitioners are meticulous about washing their hands before and after each guest we see. We also wear gloves. Both hands. Always.
- Maintain at least a 2 metre (6 feet) distance between yourself and others. Why? When someone coughs, sneezes, or speaks they spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth which may contain virus. If you are too close, you can breathe in the droplets, including the COVID-19 virus if the person has the disease.
- Well, this is a little harder, given what we specialize in 😉 However, we require masks for each and every one of our clients (if they forget their own) during their appointment. We also wear masks throughout the entirety of our shifts, to avoid any of those pesky droplets from landing on a surface before we have a chance to disinfect thoroughly.
- Avoid going to crowded places. Why? Where people come together in crowds, you are more likely to come into close contact with someone that has COVID-19 and it is more difficult to maintain physical distance of 2 metres (6 feet).
- If you’ve been to our spa, you know just how busy it can be; we’re always buzzing with activity, so during this time we’ve decided to limit the amount of people coming through our doors at once. Although we love seeing all the people we care about in one place, every practitioner will have five minutes between each scheduled guest to properly disinfect and avoid situations where many people are congregating in a small area.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Why? Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and infect you.
- Since Ontario introduced physical distancing measures, I’ve learned that apparently my favourite thing to do is touch my face! At Lux we will avoid this by wearing masks. All. The. Time. Maybe now I’ll stop anxiety-biting my nails?
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately and wash your hands. Why? Droplets spread the virus. By following good respiratory hygiene, you protect the people around you from viruses such as cold, flu and COVID-19.
- Ewwww, David (Schitt’s Creek reference. If you didn’t watch this in quarantine, your time was wasted). Who, other than a toddler is coughing or sneezing directly at your face?!?! In any event, we at Lux have always and will always cough or sneeze into our bent elbow and put all tissues in the garbage immediately (which can also be found in every room for your convenience) See first point above on hand washing protocol.
- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, mild fever, until you recover. Have someone bring you supplies. If you need to leave your house, wear a mask to avoid infecting others. Why? Avoiding contact with others will protect them from possible COVID-19 and other viruses.
- Please stay home if you have an appointment, but are experiencing symptoms! We love and respect everyone that works at Lux. We would never expect our staff to come into work if they are feeling under the weather. The same applies to our guests. We want to see you for years to come. We do not want you risking your health or others to make it to your appointment. At this time, we are waiving all cancellation fees when you reschedule your appointment with us.
We are as excited as you to get back to daily life! Excited and a little scared.None of us wants another spike in the virus, so we’re going to do everything we can to stop the spread. We want to feel normal. Even if it’s a new normal. We can’t wait to see you again and get the updates on your lives. Sending virtual hugs to each and every one of you!